Business Administration 100
Business Administration 100 is a one-hour seminar course designed to help first-year business students gain knowledge and experiences that will enhance the transition to The University of Tennessee, to facilitate integration into the university and the College of Business Administration communities, to provide the opportunity to explore academic and career options, and to develop strategies for success in college and in life beyond college.
- Planning for Success
- identifying individual personality traits and attitudes
- creating long-term and short-term goals
- utilizing effective time management strategies
- understanding learning styles
- utilizing campus resources
- Becoming a Professional
- behaving in a responsible and ethical manner
- appreciating cultural differences and diverse perspectives
- utilizing professional etiquette
- communicating effectively
- Mapping Your Future
- cultivating effective leadership skills
- engaging in co-curricular activities
- making informed academic decisions
- establishing a professional network
BA 100 provides an opportunity to make a meaningful connection to the college and university communities. The course is taught by professional advisors and administrators in the College of Business Administration, with the support of peer mentors who share a critical student perspective.
View a sample syllabus.
Learn More About the Curriculum :